Fire Alarm Saves Residents in a San Jose Home

The San Jose MercuryNews reported a fire in a home in central San Jose.  Its horrible the old home was destroyed but the residents survived.  Thanks to a smoke alarm.  I don’t know how many times I’ve shown homes and the smoke detector is chirping which means the battery is low.  I wonder how many of these owners just remove the batteries to stop the chirping or let the batteries totally run down.  I hope this serves as a wake-up call for some of these people.  In this situation lives were saved. 

San Jose: Fire sweeps through Victorian-style home near downtown

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]